Davis S. Welch serves as the Deputy Director and Senior Advisor, Army Budget, with key responsibilities for managerial oversight of the Army’s $196 billion budget. Major duties include developing and presenting budget estimates to OSD, OMB, and the Congress; oversight of congressional liaison with the appropriations committees; coordination with OSD, OMB, Department of Treasury, and Congress on all current and budget year issues; and overall funds control management of the Army’s approximately 30 active appropriations. He also serves as the senior civilian for the Army-wide budget career field and senior civilian personnel advisor to the Director, Army Budget, and Military Deputy for Budget to the Assistant Secretary (Financial Management and Comptroller).
- CAREER CHRONOLOGY:
- July 2009 – February 2012: Director of Investment, Assistant Secretary of the Army (Financial Management and Comptroller), Washington, D.C.
- September 2007 – July 2009: Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton, Inc., Herndon, VA • June 2005 – August 2007: Principal Deputy to the Assistant Chief of Staff, Resource Management, Army Materiel Command, Fort Belvoir, VA. Retired from Active Duty at the rank of Colonel following 28 years
- August 2004 – June 2005: Army Fellow, Foreign Studies Policy Program, The Brookings Institution, Washington, D.C.
- December 2001 – August 2004: Deputy Director, Management Control, Army Budget Office, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
- July 1999 – November 2001: Senior Budget Analyst, Army Budget Office, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
- June 1995 – June 1999: Resource Management Officer, Comptroller, 1st Armored Division, Bad Kreuznach, Germany and Tuzla, Bosnia
- June 1979 – June 1995: Leadership and staff positions world-wide
- MBA, Business Administration, Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant, MI
- BS, United States Military Academy, West Point, NY
- SIGNIFICANT TRAINING:
- Federal Executive Institute, Leadership in a Democratic Society
- U.S. Army Command and General Staff College
- Armor Officer Basic and Advanced Courses
- AWARDS AND HONORS:
- Distinguished Service Medal
- Legion of Merit with Oak Leaf
- Meritorious Service Medal with 3 Oak Leaf Clusters
- Army Commendation Medal with Oak Leaf Cluster
- Joint Service Achievement Medal
- Army Achievement Medal with 3 Oak Leaf Clusters
- Parachutist Badge
- Ranger Tab
- PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS:
- Board Member, American Society of Military Comptrollers
- Association of the United States Army
- Military Officers Association of America
Page Last Modified: Thursday, 04 Oct 2012 ... 06:03:00 PM EST